The high temperature problem of vacuum pumps has always plagued users. How to solve the high temperature of vacuum pumps, and why the vacuum pumps are at high temperatures? How to solve these problems? With these problems, we conducted vacuum pump high temperature research. The following are the research contents.
Analysis of Causes of High Temperature in Vacuum Pump
(1) The motor power is large and the operating current is large, resulting in a high temperature of the vacuum pump.
(2) The number of fan blades is small and the amount of air generated is small.
(3) Low fan speed, wind pressure, and small air volume.
(4) The bus voltage of the vacuum pump motor is 380V. Due to the cable voltage drop and uneven load distribution, the actual voltage applied by the motor is only 365V, and the operating current is large due to the low voltage.
(5) The motor is accompanied by dust and oil, which reduces the heat dissipation capacity and leads to the high temperature of the vacuum pump.
Vacuum pump high temperature problem countermeasures
The motor power and speed are matched with the vacuum pump and cannot be changed. The fan is mounted on the motor shaft. The speed of the motor determines the fan speed and cannot be replaced. Although increasing the number of fan blades can play a role, after the number of blades is increased, the dynamic balance is not easy to find. If the alignment is not good, it will cause the motor vibration to increase.
(1) Lengthen the original vacuum pump fan cover by 40cm. Install an axial fan with the same diameter as the fan cover. The axial fan motor power is 850W, the speed is 1489r/min, and the voltage is 380V. The original fan continues to remain. The axial flow fan is provided with a power supply control, and the axial flow fan is not linked to the main motor. After starting the vacuum pump, the axial flow fan will be started in a timely manner, and the axial fan will be stopped 30 minutes after the vacuum pump is stopped to fully cool the main motor.
(2) Remove dust from the vacuum pump motor regularly to keep the motor cooling fins clean and increase their heat dissipation capacity;
(3) Adjust the bus voltage where the vacuum pump is located to 400V.
Vacuum pump high temperature solution effect
(1) Due to the high rotational speed of the axial fan and the large amount of wind pressure, the cooling effect is greatly enhanced. Under the same ambient temperature and load current, the temperature of the main motor of the vacuum pump has dropped by 12°C. The main motor temperature did not exceed the limit in summer.
(2) Slow down the insulation aging speed of the main motor and prolong its service life.
(3) Axial flow fan can be controlled manually. After the main motor is stopped, the axial flow fan can still operate, and the main motor can be fully cooled.
(4) After the voltage adjustment, the operating current of the diaphragm pump is reduced to 210A, and the heat generation is relatively reduced.
(5) Try to balance the load distribution of the two busbars so as to prevent excessive voltage drop due to overload of a certain busbar.
Through the research on the high temperature problem of vacuum pump, we found that the high temperature of the vacuum pump is mainly caused by the heating of the motor, so the main way to solve is also around the vacuum pump motor.