The microscope is one of the greatest inventions of mankind in the 20th century. Before it was invented, the human concept of the surrounding world was limited to using the naked eye, or by hand-held lens to help the naked eye see things.
The microscope shows a whole new world in the human field of vision. For the first time, people have seen hundreds of "new" tiny animals and plants, as well as the internal structure of everything from the human body to plant fibers. Microscopes also help scientists discover new species and help doctors treat diseases.
Maintenance of the microscope
(1) Moisture protection If the room is wet, the optical lenses are prone to mildew and fog. Once the lens is moldy, it is difficult to remove. Lenses inside the microscope are more hazardous to moisture due to inconvenience. After the mechanical parts become damp, they tend to rust. To prevent moisture, when storing the microscope, in addition to the dry room, the storage location should also be away from the wall, away from the ground, and away from the wet source. 1 to 2 bags of silica gel should be placed in the microscope box as a desiccant. And often baked on silica gel. After its color has turned pink, it should be baked in a timely manner and baked before continuing to use it.
(2) The dust on the surface of the dust-proof optical element will not only affect the passage of light, but after being amplified by the optical system, it will generate large stains, which will affect the observation. Dust, sand particles fall into the mechanical part, but also increase the wear and tear, cause the movement to be hindered, the harm is equally great. Therefore, the microscope must always be kept clean.
(3) Anti-corrosion Microscopy cannot be combined with corrosive chemicals. Such as sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid, alkali and so on.
(4) Heat protection The purpose of heat protection is mainly to avoid the plastic opening and falling of the lens caused by thermal expansion and contraction.
(5) Do not touch sharp objects such as nails and needles.
(6) Do not use the non-related personnel.
Optical system wipe
The surface of each optical part of the microscope is usually cleaned with a clean brush or wiped with a tissue paper. When there is dirt, grease, or fingerprints that cannot be wiped off on the lens, the lens needs to be wiped before it is used to mold, fog, and reuse after long-term deactivation.
(1) Wipe range The eyepiece and condenser allow the wipe to be opened. Due to the complex structure of the objective lens, special instruments are required to correct it before assembly to restore the original accuracy, so it is strictly prohibited to open the wipe.
When disassembling eyepieces and condensers, pay attention to the following points:
a. Be careful.
b. When disassembling, mark the relative positions of the components (marked on the housing), the relative order, and the front and back of the lens to prevent mistakes during reassembly.
c. The operating environment should be kept clean and dry. When disassembling the eyepiece, simply remove the upper and lower lenses from both ends. The field diaphragm in the eyepiece cannot be moved. Otherwise, the line of sight will be blurred. It is forbidden to further decompose the upper lens after the condenser is unscrewed. Because the lens is oil-immersed, it is well sealed at the factory, and decomposition can damage its sealing performance.
(2). Wiping method First remove dust from the surface of the lens with a clean brush or blower. Then use a clean flannel to make a spiral unidirectional motion from the lens center to the edge. Wipe the cloth once and wipe it again until it is wiped. If there is oil on the lens, dirt or fingerprints can not wipe off, you can use willow branches wrapped with absorbent cotton, rub a small amount of alcohol and ethyl ether mixture (alcohol 80%, ether 20%) wipe. If heavier mold spots or mildew spots cannot be removed, use a cotton swab dampened with water to adhere to calcium carbonate powder (above 99%). After wiping, the powder should be removed. Whether the lens is cleaned or not, the reflected light on the lens can be used for observation and inspection. It should be noted that the dust must be removed before wiping. Otherwise, sand grains in the dust will scratch the mirror surface. Do not use a towel, handkerchief, clothes, etc. to wipe the lens. Alcohol ethyl ether mixture can not be used too much, so as not to liquid into the lens adhesive part of the lens degumming. The surface of the lens has a purple-blue light-transmitting film. Do not wipe it off with dirt.
The painted part can be wiped with a cloth. However, do not use alcohol, ether and other organic solvents to wipe, so as to avoid paint stripping. If there is rust in the unpainted part, it can be wiped off with clothed gasoline. After cleaning, put on protective grease again.