Centrifuge is a common instrument in the field of biology teaching, laboratory and medical research. Centrifugal technology is also an important means to separate, prepare and purify biological samples. Precipitation centrifugation, differential centrifugation, and density gradient centrifugation are three types of centrifugation methods commonly used in laboratories.
The principle of the laboratory centrifuge is to use the centrifugal force generated by the rotating rotor to separate the substances of different densities and different particle sizes in the suspension or emulsion, or to analyze the instruments while separating. In milliliters or liters, generally no more than 15L.
Laboratory centrifuges are divided into three categories: high speed and low speed and medium speed. Low speed centrifuges below 5000 revolutions per minute are medium speeds from 5000 to 10,000 revolutions per minute, and high speed centrifuges above 10,000 revolutions. Centrifuges of about 5,000 rpm per minute are basically separated by large-capacity liquids.
Laboratory centrifuge applications:
Laboratory centrifuges cover a wide range of areas, blood separation, virus research, DNA research, purification of drugs, separation of particles of different density in solution. It is an essential experimental instrument for production and scientific research units such as radioimmunity, biochemistry, and environmental protection. widely used in:
Medical field (medical such as: hospital, CDC, blood center, animal husbandry, radioimmunity);
Research (eg, institutions of higher learning, research institutes, research and development centers);
Production (eg bioengineering, biopharmaceutical, genetic engineering, biochemistry, plant extraction, blood preparation, food processing, petrochemical, milk fat separation) and other laboratories;
Laboratory centrifuge features
Intelligent high-speed refrigerated centrifuge is an advanced intelligent instrument and is widely used in biochemistry, medical and health, food safety, life science, agriculture and forestry science, animal husbandry science, blood bank, blood station, biological products, pharmaceutical products and other fields. The ideal equipment for sample separation, sedimentation and concentration preparation is a high-tech product that is inspiring to replace imported instruments and export them in large quantities.
• It has various protection measures such as overspeed, over temperature and unbalance, and special combination damping device makes the motor run smoothly.
• It is protected by three layers of steel sleeves, safe and reliable, and ensures personal safety.
• TFT true color 4.3-inch screen, touch button dual control system, intelligent control, simple and convenient operation, touch panel, display setting parameters and operating parameters.
• Silent mechatronic motor door locks.
• More than 100 working mode options are available, free to program and call.
• 10 speed acceleration/deceleration rate control Maximum speed: 20800r/min, maximum centrifugal force: 30000×g
Note on the use of laboratory centrifuges:
Currently, electric centrifuges are commonly used in laboratories. The electric centrifuge rotates at a high speed, so it is necessary to pay attention to safety. In particular, it is necessary to prevent the centrifuge from moving while working due to unbalance or aging of the test tube during operation of the centrifuge, to prevent falling off from the test bench, or because the cover is not covered. After the centrifuge tube is broken due to vibration, the glass fragments are rotated and flew out, causing an accident. Therefore, the following operations must be taken into account when using the centrifuge.
(1) The bottom of the centrifuge casing should be padded with cotton or test tube pads.
(2) If there is noise or vibration of the machine in the laboratory centrifuge, the power should be cut off immediately to eliminate the fault immediately.
(3) The centrifuge tube must be placed symmetrically into the casing to prevent the body from vibrating. If only one sample tube is to be replaced with water of equal quality.
(4) When starting the centrifuge, the top cover of the centrifuge should be covered before it can be started slowly.
(5) After the separation is completed, the centrifuge is turned off first, and after the centrifuge stops rotating, the centrifuge cover can be opened to take out the sample, and no external force can be used to force the movement to stop.
(6) The centrifugation time is generally 1 to 2 minutes. During this period, the experimenter must not leave to do other things.